Selling Your Salem, Oregon Home-Should I Get a Pre-Sale Inspection?
I encourage my Salem, Oregon area home sellers to get a pre-sale home inspection. When I sell my personal home, I get a pre-sale home inspection on my home. There are many reasons why getting a pre-sale home inspection is a good idea.
1. When you get a pre-sale home inspection, you already know what repairs need to be done on your home before selling.
2. The pre-sale home inspection allows you to choose which repairs you will make on your home.
3. You will be able to do the repairs right away, on your own time-frame vs. being rushed to get them completed by the closing date of the sale of your home. This makes for less stress for you during the home selling process.
4. Many inspectors have signs that you can put in your yard that state that a pre-sale inspection has already been completed.
5. The fact that you have had a pre-sale inspection and completed repairs can also be put in the remarks wherever your home is advertised.
6. Buyers are more confident writing an offer on your home when they know that you have had a pre-sale inspection, and the repairs have been completed. This makes your home stand out to buyers.
Of course, it is still important that buyers have their own independent home inspection before buying your home, but it's very unlikely than any further need for large repairs will surface.
If you are preparing to sell your home, I can provide you with the contact information for home inspectors in the Willamette Valley. Just give me a call at 503-931-1846, or send me an email.
Please feel free to subscribe to my blog to keep up to date with the latest Salem Oregon real estate and community information.
Relocating to the Salem Area? Request a copy of my Salem Area Guide to Real Estate Prices and a relocation package with useful information on the Salem area that will help to make your move easier.
Find out what your home's value is or request a market report on your neighborhood and a free copy of my book "How To Sell Your House For Top Dollar, Fast" here. You will also receive a free subscription to my "Top Dollar" newsletter for Sellers.
Licensed Real Estate Principal Broker in the State of Oregon.
Please join me on these sites!